NC Society of Engineers Ronald C. Harrell Engineering Scholarship
The enclosed information contains details of the Ronald C. Harrell Engineering Scholarship offered by The North Carolina Society of Engineers.
An overview of the scholarship pre-requisite qualifications, instructions, and application are enclosed.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000
- North Carolina resident
- United States citizen
- Enrolled in Engineering or Engineering Technology at one of the following universities:
East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC
- Rising sophomore, junior, senior and graduate student in good academic standing
- Current freshmen who will have completed the academic year by the scholarship deadline are eligible.
- Students currently enrolled in one of the Two-Plus-Two Engineering Transfer Programs at Western Carolina University, University of North Carolina @ Asheville, Lenoir Community College, or University of North Carolina @ Wilmington and will complete the program and are accepted at one of the previously mentioned engineering schools are qualified to apply.
- Full time student
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2013
- The scholarship winner will be introduced at our NCSE summer meeting. The winner and his/her family are encouraged to attend. The winner and his/her immediate family would be the guest of the Society for the banquet and lodging.
- The winner will be chosen, in descending level of importance, according to financial need, citizenship, academic merit and application and/or interviews.
Ronald C. Harrell, 1935-2001
|The North Carolina Society of Engineers, founded in 1918, is a non-profit, non-partisan, non-sectarian organization which helps to promote the social, economic and technical interests of the engineering profession throughout the state of North Carolina.
NCSE has as part of its charter the promotion of engineering education in the state. Mr. Ron Harrell, who is deceased, was an outstanding member of the NCSE. He was active in the society in numerous ways, including serving as president, district director, committee chairmanship and, in 1999, Ron was honored as the NCSE Outstanding Engineer. NCSE has chosen to name this scholarship in honor of Ron.
The Harrell Scholarship will provide support to assist with tuition, fees, and books for a full time student who has a declared major in Engineering or Engineering Technology. The recipient may reapply for consideration but eligibility shall be limited to four (4) semesters.
Scholarship payments will be made directly to the school in the winner’s name. Payments will be by semester or quarter.
The Scholarship Committee, under the direction of NCSE Board of Directors, will be the final authority on the scholarship winner and will be the responsible entity to interview, validate, select and award the scholarship.
2004-2005 Harrell Scholarship
NC A&T University
2006-2007 Harrell Scholarship
NC State University
2007-2008 Harrell Scholarship